A well renowned money transfer agent, Western Union has its perks when it comes to sending money abroad. The rates are not that expensive and with the quality service I think its worth it. Anyway, lets talk about the rates in USD, not all countries have the same cash transfer charge rates in sending money via Western Union, some of them has higher cost than others. Below is the table of cash palada rates of WU in $.
*This fee table is for USA, Canada, UAE, India, Austrialia, China, Hongkong, Malasia, Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore, and Brunei.
|$0.00 - $200.00||$14|
|$200.01 - $3,000||$18|
|$3,000.01 - $5,000||$22|
|$5,000.01 - & Above||1% of Principal|
|P0.00 - P11,000||P770|
|P11,000.01 - P165,000||P990|
|P165,000.01 - P300,000||P1,210|
|P300,000.01 - Above||1% of Pricipal|
*This table is for all coutries not stated above.
|Click to enlarge|
For your convinience, I will share a sharable picture below. This can be shared on Facebook, Google+, Twitter at your disposal.
|Click to enlarge|
Things to keep in mind:
- Service Fee for send amounts up to US$200 for the US, Canada, UAE, India, Australia, China, HK, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia and Brunei.
- This is the latest Western Union money transfer international rates.
- Subject to change without prior notice.
- Always bring two(2) valid ID's
- They already have reputation, which means they are trusted worlwide. Even Google Adsense uses western union in sending publisher revenue.
- Fast, you can claim your money instantaneously after sending.
- The higher the amount, the chaper. True, for smaller amounts it is quite expensive, see the rates and you'll get what I mean.
- All in all, a very convinient way for Filipinos to send money from abroad and vice versa since you won't be needing any bank or dollat account to send, just plain ID.